Water Supply and Environmental Sanitation
Details of MSc/MPhil Fellowship
- Fund to pay part of the fees (tuition and bench fees) to the university (partial fund for ONLY academically outstanding applicants),
- Research grant for student MSc/MPhil Thesis field work,
In conformity with the entry requirement of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, the successful candidate will have a minimum of:
- First and Second Class (Upper Division) in their first degreein Water and Sanitation, Environmental Engineering, Agricultural Engineering (Soil and Water Engineering option), Civil Engineering (Water Resources/Hydrology option), Geomatic Engineering, Natural Resources, Mathematics, Geology, Chemical Engineering and other relevant disciplines,
- Candidates from non-Anglophone countries must have an internationally recognised Certificate of Proficiency in the English Language (TOEFL or British Council, IELTS) with above average score.
Candidates may directly contact the GRP CCLU byvia email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Dr. Oduro-Kwarteng at email@example.com (Cell +233 244 598999)for further information.
Application Supporting Documents
- Completed application form with Two passport photograph
- Detailed CV and two letters of reference (one from a supervisor at the Master’s level)
- Official transcriptsand certificatesfor BSc and MSc degrees
- Proof of ability to communicate in English for Candidates from non-Anglophone countries
- Motivation letter (two pages). PhD and MPhil candidates are to submit soft and hard copies of a letter of motivation (max. two pages) with the heading outlining why you want to study, what makes you well-suited to study in your chosen specialisation,current occupation, how the Programme will fit into your professional vision, how your home country stands to benefit after your training.
- Short concept note (three pages). PhD and MPhil candidates are to submit both soft and hard copies of a short concept note (max. 3 pages outlining the justification, objectives, methodology and expected outcomes of a research idea.
- Ghanaian Students: Purchase the e-voucher based information provided at http://www.knust.edu.gh/admissions/prospective-students/pgadmissions and proceed to http://admissions.knust.edu.gh/pgadmissionsnew/and complete the relevant application documents,
- International students: Access the KNUST application form via http://admissions.knust.edu.gh/pgadmissionsnew/foreign.php
- Complete application form and attach scanned recent passport-size picture
- The deadline for receiving completed application forms and all necessary documents at the Graduate School is Friday April 29, 2016.
- Submit the signed application form and other information by email to Dr. S. Oduro-Kwarteng firstname.lastname@example.org,
KNUST will short list candidates for a selection interview in Kumasi OR via telephone. The date of the interview will be communicated after short listing.